Saturday, November 24, 2012

Michelada

4 ounces fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1½ ounces tequila
12 ounces Mexican lager

Pour the lemon juice into an ice-filled beer mug. Add the salt and tequila, stirring to combine. Slowly pour in the beer.


Ben's Notes:
So the first drink I made out of this book was a michelada (before I started the blog). There are three different recipes for them, and the first one really didn't catch my attention. This one, however, is another story. The drink had layers of flavor and just never got old. I even royally screwed it up (too small of a glass meant my proportions were off) but it really didn't matter. I'll be enjoying these frequently from now on.


The Rya Review
LOG


Second Thoughts:
I recently tried this drink again with some family and we decided that there is too much salt in the recipe. Unless your lemons are extremely tart, just put in 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment